Presidential Scholars Valerio Amoretti, Clare McCormack, and Raphaël Millière will discuss their cross-disciplinary research and findings. Their faculty mentors will provide brief responses.
TALK TITLE: Feeling Present in Real and Virtual Worlds
- Raphaël Millière, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience, Columbia University
TALK TITLE: Reading (Oneself) Creatively
- Valerio Amoretti, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience, Columbia University
TALK TITLE: Pregnancy in the Face of Adversity
- Clare McCormack, Presidential Scholar in Society and Neuroscience, Columbia University
- Rita Charon, Professor and Chair of Medical Humanities and Ethics, Columbia University
- Catherine Monk, Professor of Medical Psychology, Columbia University
- Nim Tottenham, Professor of Psychology, Columbia University
Moderated by Pamela Smith, Seth Low Professor of History, Chair of Presidential Scholars in Society and Neuroscience, and Director of the Center for Science and Society, Columbia University
Free and open to the public. Columbia University ID holders may attend in person. Members of the public must attend virtually via Zoom. Registration is required via Eventbrite.
The Center for Science and Society makes every reasonable effort to accommodate individuals with disabilities. If you require disability accommodations to attend a Center for Science and Society event, please contact us at [email protected] or (212) 853-1612 at least 10 days in advance of the event. For more information, please visit the campus accessibility webpage.